JCCC is a virtual library of journal literature created as a customized e-journals access gateway and database solution. It acts as a onepoint access to 7900+ journals subscribed currently under UGC INFONET Digital library consortium as well as university libraries designated as Inter Library Loan (ILL) Centers besides index to open access journals. INFLIBNET has identified 22 potential universities as ILL Centers in the country to fulfill ILL request from the users affiliated to universities covered under UGC- INFONET Digital Library Consortium. JCCC has facility to trigger e-mail request for article to Inter Library Loan Centers as well as to INFLIBNET Centre.
Access to American Chemical Society Journals through UGC-INFONET Digital library Consortium (on Campus only)
The Central Library of the University is located in the Dr. V.S. Acharya Memorial Block is well organized. It has about 25032 books and 3200 donated books and 36 Journals. There is book bank facility for the benefit of students, books purchased from Special Component Plan and Tribal Special Plan Grant. For the easy access benefits of students and faculty. The library has good collection of competitive exam books which is helping for the students to prepare for the competitive exams.
A Bibliographic (holding) list is available to know about the documents. Library is providing reprography services which are helping for the users to get the photocopy of the required information. Library has computers with internet connectivity. There is subject wise list of CDs which can be accessed by using the computers. It also provides internet facility to the staff. The library has subscription for journals and magazines, newspapers. Reading room facility is available, which is help for the users to know about the Local, regional and national news.
“To provide all the information available in the academic to meet the needs of the students, teachers and research scholars by using advanced technology”
- Ensure better coordination in the integrated print and digital collection.
- Measure collection adequacy, levels and usage of collection to identify and fill-up collection gaps in a digital and collaborative environment.
- Develop partnership with local and regional information providers in resource sharing.
- To collect and organize systematically contents in a single location and move towards “single window” concept.
- Ensure the greater integration of information resources into course design/delivery.
- To provide open access to institutional research output by self-archiving it and promote knowledge.
- Developing integrated information system for Research and Academic support.
- Raise the University’s profile to global level by establishing and growing an Institutional Repository (IR) to capture, archive and publish academic and research accomplishment for open access on the net.
- Setting up on Network System for University Constituent and affiliated colleges to set up consortia.
- Create social and information spaces which are informative, research friendly and responsive to discipline interests.
- Library has Good Collection of Books and Journals, documents are well organized by following Library Classification (Dewey Decimal Classification) latest. This arrangement has helped organization of information in a systematic way and has helped users to locate documents easily.
- Library provides open access facilities which help easy access and use of library as a Learning Resource.
- Library is following open access system, where the books from the stock section are borrowed by the faculty and students. The circulation counter updates day to day borrowing and returning of the books and statistics are maintained.
- Library is kept open to authorized members and entry/access is checked with user ID cards.
- Separate Log in and Log out register is maintained for students and faculty which helps tracking the day to day visitors and duration for which they used the library.
- Membership card is issued to student to borrow the books. The book card is arranged according to dept. wise which helps in knowing the status of the book easily.
- Reader’s guidance and Ready reference service is provided to users.
- Library Staff help the users in their literature search Regular watch and ward security staff monitor the proper control over the safety of library materials.
Monday to Saturday: 8-00 AM to 8-00 PM
Holidays on Sundays and Govt.Holidays
ORGANIZATION OF LIBRARY RESOURCES
- Books are arranged and Organized subject wise
- Journals are displayed alphabetically
- Reference books kept separately in reference section
- Back volumes of journals maintained
ON-LINE INTERNET SERVICES
- Library is providing the internet services to the faculty and are using for daily.
- Library is providing trial access Springer journals within Campus.
E-RESOURCES (E-JOURNALS/ E-BOOKS) Website links (Click here)
COMPUTERIZATION OF LIBRARY
- For computerization KOHA Open Source software supported by OSS Labs has been procured for automating in-house activities and services of the library.
- The Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) will be made available to the users to identify the status of availability of documents in the library.
- Techfocuz 4.0 Digital Library software is installed in the Library
- Library is provided with computers of latest version with DVD drive, compatible for web browsing and automation purpose.
- Library is provided with WI-FI Internet connectivity extensively used by the library staff, and faculty. It also has a CD-ROM facility.
- Library is having reprographic facility with multi copy photocopying machine and catering for the photocopying purpose for faculty and official work.
University Library organized National Conference on ‘Digital Resources in Higher Academic Research’ in association with Centre for Rural Social Documentation, Tumkur University , held on 27th June 2012.
THRUST AREA OF RESEARCH
- Information Communication Technology
- Library Automation & Networking
- Digital Library
- Multimedia Services
- Institutional repository
- Open Access
- Databases Management
- Knowledge Management
THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
- SC / ST Book Bank:
- Reference Service:
- Inter Library Loan:
- Internet Service:
- Reprography Service:
- Newspaper clipping service:
- Special Reference Books for Competitive Exams(CSIR/UGC/NET/SLET,IAS,KAS, Banking, Railways & other exams)
- Question Bank Service.
The Library collection consists of Books (including text books, dictionaries, encyclopedia, competitive books, gazetteers, epigraphs, and year books), Periodicals, Project Reports, CD Rom/DVDs, Audio cassette, past and present question papers. The university collections cater to the needs of UG, PG and research students, staff and other stake holders. Thus library collection addresses the needs for teaching – learning (UG, PG), research, reference, hobby reading, and preparation of project proposals, reports, and competitive examination through its vast collection. The library collection is quite systematic and procurements are made only on the recommendations of the different departments. The library ensures procurement of the latest and updated learning resources like books and journals by sending the latest catalogues, book reviews, paper clippings etc. to the departments to facilitate procurement.
THE COLLECTION OF THE LIBRARY IS AS FOLLOWS:
Name of the Resource
No of Volumes
|SC/ST Hostel Books||
|Total No of Books||
Sri Ravivenkat B.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Sri Kumara B
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com