No. TU: DEV-1: 2010-11 Date: 19.05.2012
It is hereby notified that the information regarding Right to Information Act, 2005 in respect of Tumkur University, Tumkur is updated and published for the information of public and other stake holders to the system. Under Section 4(1)(b) of Right to Information Act 2005 the following information is published in the interest of the public service as required under RTI Act.
Right to Information and Obligations of Public Authorities
i) The particulars of its organisation, functions and duties
Tumkur University, Vishwavidyanilaya Karyalaya, B.H. Road, Tumkur-572 103, Karnataka State (University Constituent College Campus).
• To disseminate knowledge
• To award degrees
• Academic administration of affiliated colleges
• To undertake research
• To establish post graduate departments and such other functions incidental to above objectives
ii) The Powers and duties of its officers and employees.
• To ensure the implementation of the provisions KSU Act, 2000.
• To take such actions as are necessary for dissemination of knowledge.
• To promote academic excellence.
• To maintain the academic standards.
• To co-ordinate with UGC and other professional bodies.
• To prescribe syllabus.
• To conduct examination and declare results.
iii) The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability.
The procedure for decision making is as under:
• Bottom to top procedure is adopted.
• As per delegation of powers.
• Three/Four type of procedure/channel is adopted.
• Accountability will be fixed in accordance with the Statutes, Rules and Orders in force.
iv) The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions
Decision making bodies:
• The Syndicate and
• The Academic Council
v)The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control; or used by its employees for discharging its functions.
• Karnataka State Universities Act 2000
• University Grants Commission Act 1956 and norms prescribed by it.
• Government of India Policies.
• State Government Policies.
vi)A statement of the categories of documents that are held by its or under its controls
* Files * Registers * Transaction of business rules * Statutes * Regulations etc.
vii)The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof;
Government is nominating members to the Academic Council and to the Syndicate for formulating the policy, decision and implement the provisions of the Act.
viii)A statement of the boards, Councils, Committees and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, Councils, Committee and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public;
The Syndicate or the Academic Council or Vice Chancellor may constitute boards, committees for getting expert information/advice for implementing the provisions of KSU Act.
The minutes of the meeting are accessible to the public as and when they become public document.
ix)A directory of its officers and employees;
• Hon’ble Vice Chancellor
• Registrar 9448358314
• Registrar (Evaluation) 9481266917
• Finance Officer 9845142321
• Deputy Registrars
- Academic 9945689384
- General/Development 9945689384
- Establishment 9481450943
- Examination 9481266917
• Assistant Registrar
• Director of Planning and Monitoring Board 9448533326
• Director of Physical Education
• Dean – Students Welfare 9448419939
• Dean of faculties and other supporting staff
- Dean, Faculty of Arts 9449819282
- Dean, Faculty of Commerce 9448533326
- Dean, Faculty of Science
• Principal, University College of Arts 9743903839
• Principal, University College of Science 9844321868
x)The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees, including the system of compensation as provided in its regulations;
As prescribed by the Government from time to time.
xi)The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made;
The budget is allocated by the State Government.
UGC and other funding agencies will also support certain schemes.
The University also mobilizes fund through internal resources, fees, consultation, research projects and the expenditure are made as per the rules approved by the competent authorities.
xii)The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and the details of beneficiaries of such programmes;
As prescribed by the Universities Act 2000 and other allied rules.
All stake holders such as –
• Civil Society.
xiii)Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorisations granted by it;
As prescribed by the Government.
xiv)Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form;
The data of University are being computerised.
xv)The particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a library or reading room, if maintained for public use;
During office hours on all working days
xvi)The names, designations and other particulars of the Public Information Officers;
• Deputy Registrar (Aca.), Tumkur University, Tumkur 9945689384
• Deputy Registrar (Est.), Tumkur University, Tumkur 9481450943
• Deputy Registrar (Examination), Tumkur University, Tumkur 9481266917
• Deputy Registrar (Gen/Dev), Tumkur University, Tumkur 9945689384
• Finance Officer, Tumkur University, Tumkur 9845142321
• Principal, University College of Arts, Tumkur 9743903839
• Principal, University College of Science, Tumkur 9844321868
• and such other officers as may be notified from time to time.
xvii)Such other information as may be prescribed, and thereafter update these publications every year;
The University was established during the year 2004-05 and it has initiated several innovative and reformative measures for achieving academic excellence.
xviii)First Appellate authority
Registrar, Tumkur University, Tumkur-572 103, Karnataka.