Centre For Kannada Research and Information
(ಕನ್ನಡ ಸಂಶೋಧನೆ ಮತ್ತು ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಕೇಂದ್ರ)
To be a leading centre in Kannada Studies by acting as a catalytic agent in promoting quality Kannada language education and communication, and conducting research on Kannada culture, language and literature
- offering Kannada language services like translation, machine reading and technology development for web-based services in Kannada
- Providing cutting-edge research services to students and researchers through setting up data repositories and a digital library of Kannada and Kannada-related resources
- Networking institutions working on Kannada culture through educational activities and cultural programmes.
- Establishing a unique Kannada Cultural Museum to exhibit ancient manuscripts, folk artifacts, and antiques relating to Kannada tradition
- Bringing out a periodic newsletter on Kannada Studies for the benefit of researchers and students
- Publishing high quality and original research in the form of books
- Setting up a well-equipped Kannada digital library
- Creating a complete data bank of resources relating to Kannada with real-time updating facility to work on the lines of a state-level permanent repository
- Establishing a Kannada literature and culture information centre
- Instituting at least three new chairs for Kannada Studies in the University.