Centre for Bio-Information
- To be recognized nationally and internationally as a centre of excellence for comparative –omic technologies and its applications.
Application of comparative -omic technologies in answering problems related to plant, animal and microbial phgysiology.
- To establish a one-of-its-kind meta proteomic reference centre for endophytic microbes in the next five years
- To have several international collaborations with institutes and universities of repute
- To register patents and intellectual property
- To establish a centre for high performance meta-analysis of microbes with favourable traits
- To publish a research journal on vegetative desiccation tolerance and fungal physiology
- To have separate building dedicated to high throughput microbiology and plant biology research and teaching programmes
- To start a business incubator facility which will exclusively market the IP generated through research
- CSIR Sponsored National Conference on “Dissecting the Complexities of Plant Biotechnology in the Post-Genomic Era”, 21 September 2011 View Report